Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Bears, Chiefs, Cowboys, Jets & Panthers
NFL Notes: Bears, Chiefs, Cowboys, Jets & Panthers
- Jeff Dickerson of ESPN writes that after his performance Sunday against the Lions (28-of-36 for 302 yards and two touchdowns), the Bears could be better off with Brian Hoyer under center, even when Jay Cutler is healthy.
- Dickerson admits that Hoyer is by no means the team’s long-term solution at quarterback, but it appears as though handing things over to Cutler when he’s ready is by no means a given.
- Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported earlier this morning that Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles will only play between 10-15 snaps in Sunday night’s game against the Steelers.
- This, of course, means that RB Spencer Ware should continue to see the bulk of the team’s carries while they play it safe with Charles for now.
- Jay Glazer reported during Sunday’s broadcast that Cowboys WR Dez Bryant will be back “sooner than they originally thought.“
- Glazer added that he was trying to convince the Cowboys to allow him to play today.
- Jets veteran RB Jets RB Matt Forte was seen being carted to the X-ray room after Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said that he doesn’t have any information regarding Forte’s injury or the extent of it right now. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- The Carolina Panthers have confirmed that QB Cam Newton did, in fact, suffer a concussion during the team’s Week 4’s to the Falcons. (Joe Person)
Tags Brian Hoyer Cam Newton Dez Bryant Jamaal Charles Jay Cutler Matt Forte Spencer Ware