Forte explained that this type of injury takes some time to heal.
“It takes time more than anything,” Forte said Saturday. “Some people heal faster than others. But more than it being a mental thing, like, ‘I’m injured,’ it just takes a little time for it to heal before you can really do what you want to do.”
- Colts S Mike Adams said his ankle is sore, but he’s walking around and doesn’t think he’ll miss any time with the team’s bye this week. (Josina Anderson)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys DT Jack Crawford had X-rays on his injured hand that came back negative and he says he’s “very sore.“
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk spoke to sources around the league who believe the talk of the Lions parting ways with QB Matthew Stafford is “crazy talk.“
- Florio mentions that there would likely be a number of teams lining up to acquire him such as the Texans, Jets, Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins, Saints, and Rams if he was really available.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said that QB Teddy Bridgewater passed his first test and “should be good to go, I think.“