- HC Marc Trestman told reporters on Thursday that LT Jermon Bushrod suffered a knee injury during Wednesday’s practice. (Rich Campbell)
- LB Shea McClellin (hand) has been ruled out for Week 5. (Jeff Dickerson)
According to Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star, the real reason the Colts signed OLB Robert Mathis to a contract extension was to give themselves some flexibility next year in regards to Mathis’ salary. After all, he’s comes off a a very serious Achilles tendon tear.
- Holder mentions that this will allow the Colts to evaluate Mathis’ medical situation next year and ultimately decide if he’s worth keeping at his current salary.
- Holder adds that “no one anticipates Mathis not being around a year from now.” However, there is a chance that Mathis could return to form, in which cause it would be worth keeping him for the 2015 season.
- The Packers are promoting DL Luther Robinson from the practice squad to their active roster for Thursday night’s game. (Ian Rapoport)
- TE Delanie Walker told reporters on Thursday that his shoulder injury could bother him for the rest of the season. (John Glennon)
- Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press mentions that “signs seem to be pointing toward Teddy Bridgewater playing.“