- According to Peter Schrager, the Bears have completed their interview with Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo, who would be willing to retain DC Vic Fangio as part of his coaching staff.
Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com reports that the Eagles previously interviewed NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah for their player personnel head position.
Kempski confirmed this with a spokesperson for the Eagles, who added that no formal offer was ever made to Jeremiah and he later agreed to a long-term deal with the NFL Network.
The Eagles eventually hired Joe Douglas, who is now among the candidates for the Texans’ GM position, according to John McClain.
If Philadelphia were to lose Douglas, Kempski wonders if they would make another run at possibly hiring Jeremiah.
It’s worth mentioning that the Eagles also interviewed Steelers pro scouting coordinator Brandon Hunt for the position.
Update: Albert Breer later reported that the Eagles declined to grant VP of player personnel Joe Douglas permission to interview for the Texans GM position.
- Jordan Raanan mentions that Giants interim HC Steve Spagnuolo could be a defensive coordinator option for Josh McDaniels or Pat Shurmur, given that they previously worked together in St. Louis.
- Raanan adds that Panthers LB coach Al Holcomb could be defensive coordinator candidate if Steve Wilks is hired as the Giants’ head coach.
- During Saturday’s Wildcard telecast, ESPN’s Sean McDonough told Jon Gruden regarding his last game in the booth: “We congratulate you as you head back to the sidelines with the Raiders.” (Scott Bair)
- Gruden responded: “Thank you. There’s nothing official yet, but these Chiefs fans have been on my case since I got here.“
- Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that the Raiders are scheduled to play a home game in London during the 2018 regular season.