- The Bears have reportedly been impressed with recent addition WR Santonio Holmes during his first week of practice. (Brad Biggs)
- Free agent acquisition G Geoff Schwartz left Friday’s preseason game with a dislocated toe.
- HC Gus Bradley announced that veteran QB Chad Henne will be their starter to open the season. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- To little surprise, HC Rex Ryan announced that Geno Smith will be their starting quarterback in Week 1. (Darryl Slater)
- LB Sio Moore was stretchered off the field on Friday and taken to a local hospital for evaluation. The Raiders said that Moore has a neck injury.
- HC Ken Whisenhunt mentioned that they could keep anywhere from four to six receivers this year. (Paul Kuharsky)