Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Bears, Jets, Panthers & Vikings
NFL Notes: Bears, Jets, Panthers & Vikings
- According to Adam Caplan, Bears OL Ted Larsen has been dealing with some leg soreness, which is why he was held out of mandatory minicamp. However, Caplan says that Larsen is now “fine.”
- Caplan adds that newly signed G Amini Silatolu will likely compete for the starting left tackle guard job.
- Brad Biggs mentions that the plan for the Bears’ interior offensive line is likely for second-round pick Cody Whitehair to hopefully win the starting center job.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that former second-round TE Jace Amaro is entering a potential “all-or-nothing” training camp with the Jets this summer.
- Even so, Cimini has him listed as the potential starter for now, but adds that Amaro will need to prove his toughness this summer or he could still be the odd-man out in New York.
- Another tight end who could find himself on the roster bubble is Zach Sudfeld, according to Cimini.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Panthers were interested in re-signing veteran G Amini Silatolu before he agreed to a one-year contract with the Bears on Wednesday.
- Matt Vensel points out that the Vikings still have two open roster spots that could be filled in the days leading up to training camp.
Tags Amini Silatolu Cody Whitehair Jace Amaro Ted Larsen Zach Sudfeld