- Wright mentions that former backup QB Josh McCown was a “major loss for the offense” given that he was somewhat of a coach for the Bears last season.
- Wright doesn’t expect any changes to Bears’ coaching staff to come during the season, even if they lose to the Buccaneers.
- Michael Rothstein believes WR T.J. Jones could end WR Ryan Broyles time in Detroit if he’s able to contribute as much as Broyles has this year.
- Rothstein mentions that the Lions could target upgrades at defensive tackle, offensive line, cornerback and possibly at wide receiver in next year’s draft.
According to Demovsky, “the feeling around the league is the Packers will get it done.”
- Demovsky writes that it appears Green Bay will continue use Clay Matthews at inside linebacker even if Nick Perry can’t play due to a shoulder injury.
- The Packers had their sights set on drafting ILB C.J. Mosley this past year, according to Demovsky.
Triplett mentions that the $7 million owed to Colston for the 2015 season is “awfully high,” especially for a team with the cap issues New Orleans has. According to Triplett, the only way Colston could be retained is he takes a “significant pay cut.“
In the event Colston isn’t back with the Saints, Triplett doesn’t see him playing for another team.
- Triplett doesn’t not believe the Saints need to completely rehaul their defense, despite their struggles this year.
- Triplett doesn’t see the Saints parting ways with DC Rob Ryan either.