Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune takes a look at the Bears’ 25 impending free agents this offseason.
- Biggs writes that the Bears would likely have to use the franchise tag on CB Kyle Fuller to prevent him from entering the open market where he would likely command a salary over $10 million annually.
- Biggs does not think CB Prince Amukamara will get a large deal as a free agent but has been a dependable No. 2 corner for the Bears.
- As for veteran K Mike Nugent, Biggs does not view him as a “top choice” for the Bears.
- Biggs says that ILB Christian Jones was good enough to earn a multi-year contract and it makes sense to re-sign him with ILB Jerrell Freeman “likely” moving on.
- At outside linebacker, it is possible Chicago re-signs Sam Acho but he thinks it’s unlikely veteran Lamarr Houston returns.
We have Fuller and Amukamara featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that CB Richard Sherman‘s decision to represent himself will make it harder for the Seahawks to get him to accept a pay cut.
- Florio points out that if/when Seattle approaches him about restructuring his contract, Sherman won’t be able to gauge the market to see what other teams would be willing to offer him.
- Another possible issue is that it would force the Seahawks to explain how they value him directly, as opposed to having these discussions with an agent.
— Deandre Hopkins (@DeAndreHopkins) February 10, 2018
- Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans are moving on from assistant director of pro personnel Larry Wright, senior director of player engagement Sean Washington, director of sports science Erik Korem and pro scout Tolu Lasaki.