Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Bears, Seahawks & Texans
NFL Notes: Bears, Seahawks & Texans
- Cameron DaSilva of Foxsports suggests that the Bears should force WR Alshon Jeffery to play under the franchise tag in 2016, which would already compensate as the second-highest paid receiver with $14.6 million fully guaranteed this year.
- DaSilva notes that the Bears uneasiness about giving Jeffery a long-term deal stems from his health issues in his four-year NFL career.
- Along with the injuries, DaSilva adds that the Bears may have some concerns regarding Jeffery’s commitment and focus.
- Appearing at a Charity softball game on Sunday, RB Thomas Rawls told reporters that he will “most definitely” participate once training camp starts.
- Rawls, entering his second season in the NFL, is coming off ankle surgery after suffering a fractured ankle last December vs the Ravens.
- With Marshawn Lynch retiring, Rawls is expected to have a much bigger role in the Seahawks offense in 2016.
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com takes a look at the best and worst contracts for the Texans in 2016.
- Fitzgerald considers Pro Bowl DE JJ Watt‘s six-year, $100 million contract to be best contract on the Texans books.
- Conversely, Fitzgerald believes the new four-year, $72 million contract signed by QB Brock Osweiler is their worst contract. Fitzgerald doesn’t view Osweiler as being worthy of a top-10 quarterback deal, and views this is a “desperation” type contract by the Texans.
Tags Alshon Jeffery Brock Osweiler Marshawn Lynch Thomas Rawls