- CFL OT Ben Heenan reportedly has “five offers” from NFL teams, and could select one “as soon as today.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Colts WR Duron Carter received a three-year contract from the Colts. (Jason La Canfora)
- Eagles hired Princeton’s ILB coach Stephen Thomas as defensive quality control coach.
- Eagles name current assistant special teams coach Matthew Harper as their new assistant defensive backs coach.
- Eagles defensive quality control coach Michael Clay has been named as the team’s new assistant special teams coach.
- HC Dan Quinn said that former Broncos LB coach Richard Smith will be defensive coordinator and Raheem Morris will be assistant head coach/defensive passing game coordinator.
- Quinn stated he is “looking forward” to working with OC Kyle Shanahan.
- Keith Armstrong will remain as the team’s special teams coordinator.
- Falcons have added the following members to their coaching staff: Bryan Cox (DL), Wade Harman (TEs), Terry Robiskie (WRs), and Eric Sutulovich (assistant special teams). (Jay Adams)
- Falcons have hired Bobby Turner as running backs coach. (Alex Marvez)
Saints general manager Mickey Loomis appeared to be reluctant to about the idea.
“Who knows what Loomis really thought?” Parcells said. “I don’t have any idea. I don’t know Loomis; I only met him once. But guys like me threaten guys like him.”
One other interesting note from Parcell’s book regarding the Saints offered the Cowboys a third-round pick for QB Tony Romo, Parcell wanted a second-round pick for him.