Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Ben Roethlisberger, Bills, Giants, & Patriots
NFL Notes: Ben Roethlisberger, Bills, Giants, & Patriots
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is no longer sporting a walking boot on his injured foot and is “progressing ahead of schedule.”
- However, Schefter considers it unlikely that Roethlisberger will play in Week 10, but admits that there’s still a chance.
- Roethlisberger says he plans to practice on Thursday. (Ed Bouchette)
- Mike Rodak of ESPN writes that the next two games will have a big impact on the public opinion when it comes to Bills HC Rex Ryan.
- Rodak still believes Ryan would be safe, even if they lost both of their next two games against the Jets and Patriots, which isn’t surprising considering that he’s in the first year of a five-year, $27 million deal.
- However, GM Doug Whaley could be on the hot seat, even though he wasn’t the driving force behind hiring Ryan.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Giants spoke to Will Beatty (PUP/pectoral) about playing other positions on their offensive line including right tackle and guard, which would allow him to play again this season.
- However, Beatty elected to undergo surgery on his injured shoulder.
Tags Ben Roethlisberger Doug Whaley Jamie Collins Rex Ryan Will Beatty