Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Bears, & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Bears, & Seahawks
- Jason Cole of B/R reports the more troublesome issue Ben Roethlisberger’s return from a knee injury could be the bone bruise he sustained more than the MCL sprain.
- Big Ben will not require surgery on his MCL, but the bone bruise could linger “on and on and on.”
- The expectation is still that he’ll miss four to six weeks with this injury.
- Ed Werder reports that Saints QB Drew Brees flew to Birmingham for extensive evaluation of his passing shoulder from Dr. James Andrews.
- According to Werder, the results have been “very positive” but his status is still to be determined.
- Chris Mortensen reports that Brees is also rehabbing with therapist Kevin Wilk, who played vital role in Brees’ original recovery from major shoulder surgery.
- Jason Fitzgerald points out that a team would need about $6.7 million in cap space to trade for Bears RB Matt Forte this week. Each week after, this figure would decrease by $475,000.
- According to Fitzgerald, a team would need around $4 million to trade for TE Martellus Bennett, and this number drops $288,000 per week.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said RB Marshawn Lynch had an MRI on his hamstring, and will be reevaluated later in the week.
Tags Ben Roethlisberger Drew Brees Marshawn Lynch Martellus Bennett Matt Forte