- The Bengals could add a quarterback at some point in the coming days, depending on how the tests come back regarding Jason Campbell’s throwing arm. (Geoff Hobson)
- Despite previous reports that mentioned Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula bid $1.3 billion for the Bills franchise, sources mentioned that this figure is “way off.” His actual bid for the team was reportedly “much lower.” (Tim Graham)
- RB Lance Dunbar was a healthy scratch for Thursday’s preseason game, which leaves Ryan Williams and Joseph Randle battling it out for the No. 3 job. (David Helman)
- The Miami Dolphins announced Friday that they have hired former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum as a consultant.
- DE Ziggy Ansah’s absence from practice remains an “area of concern” as he’s still on the Lions’ physically unable to perform list. (Michael Rothstein)
- Rookie TE Eric Ebron and WR Calvin Johnson returned to practice on Friday. (Michael Rothstein)