- Former Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth mentioned that he’s hoping to eventually retire as a member of the team when his playing career is over: “I’ll always consider myself a Bengal and would like to retire a Bengal.” (Geoff Hobson)
Cardinals RB David Johnson mentioned that he’s back to full health after suffering a late-season knee injury.
“My wheel is good,” Johnson said, via AzCardinals.com. “Good to go already. Back training, full throttle. Doing everything.”
- The Cardinals signed S Antonie Bethea to a three-year deal worth $8 million, which includes base salaries of $2M (2017), $3M (2018) and $3M (2019). (Mike Jurecki)
- The Cardinals signed C A.Q. Shipley to a two-year, $3.5 million contract that includes $725,000 guaranteed. (Mike Jurecki)
- Rich Cimini mentions that things have quieted down in regards to the Jets’ interest in QB Jay Cutler, which is likely due to the fact that the league is in a holding pattern until the Tony Romo situation gets sorted out.
- Interestingly enough, Cimini says that Brock Osweiler is a name worth watching for the Jets. The Browns are trying to trade him right now, but if/when they’re unable to find any takers, Cimini writes that they could sign him to a minimum salary.
- Herbie Teope reports that the Saints showed interest in signing CB Marcus Cooper before he agreed to a deal with the Bears.
- As of last night, free agent RB Travaris Cadet was still visiting with the Jets and is said to be having “good” discussions with the team, according to Nick Underhill.