- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis said Monday that they don’t have any plans to bring in free agent kickers for workouts this week with Mike Nugent struggling. (Katherine Terrell)
- Browns QB Cody Kessler has cleared the league’s concussion protocol and participated in Monday’s practice. (Nate Ulrich)
- Browns HC Hue Jackson said that Robert Griffin III will undergo medical tests this week to determine whether he’ll be cleared for contact. (Nate Ulrich)
Cardinals GM Steve Keim mentioned in an interview with Arizona Sports 98.7 that he doesn’t believe the team is in need of a complete overhaul.
“I really do feel like there are enough good quality core pieces in place, not only contractually, but with age,” Keim said, via Bob McManamon of the Arizona Daily Republic. “We have a nice core of defenders, and I think we have some talent on offense. So whatever happens after the season, whether it’s players moving on or continuing to stay on or whatever it may be, I don’t think it’s a situation where it’s a complete revamp of this team to make it better.”
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said of CB Morris Claiborne: “We’re starting to feel pretty confident we may see [Morris Claiborne (groin)] again” this season. (Jon Machota)
- Jets WR Brandon Marshall mentioned that he has no plans to retire and is instead hoping to be back with the team year and eventually retire as a Jet down the road. (Brian Costello)