- Katherine Terrell reports that Bengals RB Giovani Bernard is expected to be a limited participant at the start of OTAs on Tuesday.
- Bengals TE Tyler Eifert expects to be ready for the start of training camp after he underwent offseason back surgery, according to Terrell.
- Cincinnati will ask veteran Andre Smith to play guard this season for the first time with Cedric Ogbuehi moving to left tackle and Jake Fisher manning the right tackle spot.
- Terrell mentions that WR Alex Erickson will have his work cut out to make the team again in 2017 and could lose kick return duties to rookie WR John Ross or RB Joe Mixon.
Browns HC Hue Jackson said he isn’t “shutting the door” on possibly signing QB Colin Kaepernick. However, they would like to see what they have from their other quarterbacks this summer.
“I’m not shutting the door on Colin; I don’t want anybody to think that or we’re anti-Colin or anything like that. That’s not the case. I just think right now we have four guys vying for an opportunity to be our quarterback here that we feel good about,” Jackson said, via Pat McManamon of ESPN.
According to Jackson, second-year QB Cody Kessler will open as the starter, but nothing will be given to him.
“Cody’s going to walk out there first, and he’s got to keep that job,” Jackson said. “He’s got to do everything the right way in order to continue to lead the first team. The other guys will get opportunities as well. I think that’s the way you have to do this if it’s a competition.”
Lions RB Ameer Abdullah said he’s feeling good and taking his time as he works his way back from the foot injury he dealt with last year.
“I would say about early March late February (I was back on the field),” Abdullah said, via DetroitLions.com. “We’re still progressing with things, but I feel good now. We got time to take our time right now, but we’re attacking this thing and I’m expecting to be full go, which I have been.
“I’m just going to work my tail off and be the best back I can in the situations I’ll be given this year. This year, I’m really attacking things with a more focused mindset to get everything done.”
- According to Nick Underhill, DE Royce LaFrance will get another shot to make the Saints’ roster during the team’s June minicamp.
- Underhill also reports that Saints TE Josh Hill, who is still working his way back from a broken fibula, is not expected to be ready to fully participate in the team’s OTAs.