- Paul Dehner Jr. mentions that if the the Bengals were to sign veteran DE Dwight Freeney happens, it wouldn’t happen until much closer to training camp or at some point in August.
- According to Dehner Jr., the same goes for free agent CB Leon Hall. Although, Dehner Jr. considers it unlikely that Cincinnati would bring Hall back.
- Browns TE Gary Barnidge said he underwent sports hernia surgery last week, but he’s getting better and plans to be ready. (Nate Ulrich)
- Barnidge said the injury was a result of wear and tear over time. (Nate Ulrich)
- Barnidge added he’ll probably be ready to return to action before the start of training camp in late July. (Nate Ulrich)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Panthers front-loaded C Ryan Kalil‘s new contract extensions. Kalil will make $13.25 million in 2016 and just $3.75 million in 2017.
- Carolina obviously has the cap space for this to make sense, but Rapoport adds that this move will also secure Kalil’s roster spot next year, as it’s too low for him to be a potential cap casualty.
Steelers K Shaun Suisham mentioned that he isn’t concerned about the fact that the team brought in some competition this offseason, considering that he’s hoping to return from a torn ACL in time for training camp.
“Any sort of a battle is not an issue with me right now because I am not healthy,” Suisham said, via Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I will continue to work to get there, but I don’t know when that will be. I don’t have a time frame. Hopefully, it is for training camp.
“All I can do is go through the rehab process right now and try to get healthy enough to kick and have no problems,” Suisham said. “I need to feel like I felt before I was injured. I wish I was healthy right now, and I am not there yet.”