- Coley Harvey mentions that extensions for assistant coaches like Vance Joseph and Hue Jackson would make sense. Although, there’s also a good chance that or both of them could take a job elsewhere in 2016.
According to Joey Johnston of the Tampa Tribune, the Buccaneers spoke to upwards of 75 people regarding Florida State QB Jameis Winston to get an understanding of his character.
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht confirmed as much.
“We’ve talked to a lot of people. ‘A lot’ is probably not a big enough word,” Licht said. “We are not going to talk about the process. All I’ll tell you is that the Glazer family, the head coach, the general manager, our staffs, we all couldn’t feel more confident about the process we have gone through.”
Mike Wells mentions that the Colts may have to trade up to get Alabama S Landon Collins. Interestingly enough, Colts GM Ryan Grigson offered an interesting quote regarding Collins.
“A guy like Landon, he can do it all,” Grigson said. “There’s only so many of those guys in the draft. There’s really not many.”
- Tania Ganguli writes that the calls for the Texans to consider bringing in a running back who could succeed Arian Foster are warranted.
- Ganguli wouldn’t have any issues with the Texans drafting Todd Gurley at No. 16 overall.
- Ganguli considers MSU CB Trae Waynes and Kentucky OLB Bud Dupree to be two players that would also make sense for the Texans.
- Paul Kuharsky writes that Titans HC Ken Whisenhunt is still owed a lot of money, which could make it difficult to move on if they struggle again in 2015.
- If the president feels like change is needed, Kuharsky believes it would probably be best for them to completely start over and replace Whisenhunt and GM Ruston Webster.