Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Bucs, Chiefs, Eagles, & Jets
NFL Notes: Bengals, Bucs, Chiefs, Eagles, & Jets
- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said LG Kevin Pamphile has cleared the league’s concussion protocol in time for Week 12. This will bring Tampa Bay’s offensive line back to full-strength.
- Kansas City Chiefs announced that S Steven Nelson (neck) has been downgraded to out.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said RB Darren Sproles‘ rib injury will not decrease his workload in Week 12, saying: “I haven’t seen anything that would keep me from giving him the same amount of work in this game,” via Zach Berman.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes Jets HC Todd Bowles job is safe if the team finishes with a 5-11 or 6-10 record since he will carry a near .500 overall coaching record. However, Cimini writes that it would be “inexcusable” if the Jets lose all of their remaining games.
- Beyond that, Cimini says that Jets owner Woody Johnson will have to consider many factors in evaluating Bowles, including how he controlled the locker room, if the team was competitive enough, if the defense was productive, how he developed young talent, and if he had a good working relationship with GM Mike Maccagnan.
Tags Clark Harris Clayton Fejedelem Darren Sproles Derron Smith Dirk Koetter Doug Pederson Josh Shaw Kevin Pamphile Mike Maccagnan Shawn Williams Steven Nelson Todd Bowles Woody Johnson