- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis said WR A.J. Green (hamstring) is expected to return to practice on Wednesday. (Katherine Terrell)
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said there will be no coaching changes this offseason when speaking of special teams coordinator Amos Jones.
“There will not be any coaching changes. Let me make that clear today,” said Arians, via Darren Urban of the Cardinals’ official site.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is week-to-week with a hip strain but the team is still gathering information to determine his status.
- Rapoport notes that Gordon is eager to continue playing since he is just three yards away from 1,000 yards.
- Chargers HC Mike McCoy said Gordon is dealing with a sprained knee in addition to his hip strain but also said: “He’ll be day to day, and we’ll take it from there.” (Michael Gehlken)
- McCoy went on to say that first-round DE Joey Bosa has been diagnosed with a neck strain. (Michael Gehlken)
- Geoff Mosher expects Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan to be Rams’ head coaching candidates this offseason.
- Mike Garafolo says the Rams’ job is a heavily sought after position since the team recently moving to Los Angeles, has their new stadium being built, and recent No. 1 overall QB Jared Goff being able to “start from scratch” with a new coach.
- Garafolo would be shocked if the Rams don’t hire an offensive coach and also mentions Shanahan and McDaniels as coordinators they could target.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk says Rams owner Stan Kroenke should open offers to Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh for their vacancy.
- Although Florio admits luring Harbaugh away from Michigan would not be an easy task, he believes an offer in the $10 to $15 million range with complete control over roster and draft decisions would be a lucrative enough offer to gain his consideration.
- Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune mentions that DT Sharrif Floyd may have played his last game with the Vikings, as he has not been able to remain healthy for an entire season since his rookie year.