Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Cardinals, Raiders & Rams
NFL Notes: Bengals, Cardinals, Raiders & Rams
- Coley Harvey of ESPN writes that undrafted WR Jake Kumerow is a surprise player to “keep an eye on“, as he has shown to be a “solid” player during offseason activities.
- Harvey also mentions sixth-round rookie S Derron Smith as a player that has performed positively, with backup S Shawn Williams being another unexpected player that the coaching staff may like.
- Josh Weinfuss writes that a number of factors could be what’s responsible for the holdup in Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington‘s reinstatement such as when Washington applied for reinstatement, his medical examination, and whether he was cleared.
- Nick Wagoner writes that the Rams believe rookie OL Robert Havenstein and Jamon Brown can start right away, and there’s a “real chance” that they will.
- Wagoner mentions that the Rams could end up keeping nine offensive linemen on their 53-roster.
- St. Louis reportedly believes they got good value selecting Clemson OT Isaiah Battle in round five, seeing as he likely would have been taken much higher under normal circumstances.
- Bill Williamson of ESPN believes backup FB Jamize Olawale could be a “squeeze” off the 53-man roster, due to OC Bill Musgrave‘s coaching style and a much deeper roster than previous seasons.
- Williamson does not think K Sebastian Janikowski will have a hard time with the new PAT rules, since he has converted 151 of 158 on field-goal attempts of 33-yards or less in his career.
- Williamson writes that CB D.J. Hayden will have to earn a starting role in training camp, as he is currently listed as the No. 3 cornerback on the roster.
Tags Bill Musgrave D.J. Hayden Daryl Washington Derron Smith Isaiah Battle Jake Kumerow Jamize Olawale Jamon Brown Robert Havenstein Sebastian Janikowski Shawn Williams