- Coley Harvey of ESPN does not expect the Bengals to sign a quarterback that would compete with Andy Dalton for the starting job.
- However, Harvey could them adding a player who “turn up the heat” a bit on Dalton.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN expects WR Dwayne Bowe to take a paycut from his $11 million salary for 2015 to something close to $5 million.
- Teicher mentions Bowe, LB Tamba Hali and QB Chase Daniel as players that could be cut to create cap room.
- WR Jeremy Maclin is a potential free agent target for Kansas City if they can clear enough cap space.
- Teicher does not expect the Chiefs to draft a safety or inside linebacker next year to replace SS Eric Berry or ILB Derrick Johnson
- James Walker of ESPN expects the Dolphins to allow newly hired executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum “to clean house” if they do not make the playoffs in 2015.
- Walker believes the Dolphins will add a “bigger” running back in the 2015 NFL Draft, but will not spend on a free agent such as Mark Ingram.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN mentions that Seahawks DC Dan Quinn is the favorite to be the Jets next head coach.
- While contract negotiations cannot occur at this point in time, Cimini does not expect the Jets to wait for Quinn unless he gives then an “unofficial heads-up” that he wants the position.
- Cimini believes DL coach Karl Dunbar, QB coach David Lee and RB coach Anthony Lynn could be back next season, but admits Rex Ryan will likely try to lure them away if he lands a head coaching position.
- WR Percy Harvin could be released if he does not restructure his $10.5 million base salary for 2015, according to Cimini.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN believes the Ravens will retain impending free agent CB Rashaan Melvin.
- Regardless of resigning Melvin, Hensley writes that pursuing a cornerback in the 2015 NFL Draft “has to be a priority.“