NFL Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Jaguars, Jets & Titans
- Adam Teicher of ESPN does not view any wide receivers outside of Albert Wilson and De’Anthony Thomas as “sure things” to remain on the roster.
- Teicher anticipates CFL WR Duron Carter to demand higher contract than the minimum deal the Chiefs gave fellow CFL WR Weston Dressler last offseason.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN‘s “best guess” on who will be the next offensive coordinator for Jaguars is former either Raiders OC Greg Olsen or former Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett.
- Jaguars are expected to pursue impending free agent FS Devin McCourty, should he reach the open market.
- According to DiRocco, it’s “undetermined” if OL coach George Yarno will return from cancer treatment by his expected date in February. Otherwise, it remains possible for the Jaguars to pursue a new position coach.
- DiRocco believes HC Gus Bradley is looking for an offensive coordinator that is “comfortable with zone blocking, is committed to the run game, and wouldn’t mind going up-tempo.”
- DiRocco anticipates the Jaguars to pursue “several offensive linemen, a pass-catching tight end, and a veteran wide receiver” during free agency.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN sees the most pressing team needs for Titans as a pass-rushing outside linebacker, offensive linemen, and a play-making wide receiver.
- Kuharsky does not think Titans should pursue impending free agent RB DeMarco Murray if he ends up being available.
Tags Adam Jones Albert Wilson Antonio Cromartie Darqueze Dennard De'Anthony Thomas DeMarco Murray Devin McCourty Dre Kirkpatrick Duron Carter George Yarno Greg Olsen Gus Bradley Kareem Jackson Leon Hall Nathaniel Hackett Weston Dressler