- ESPN’s Coley Harvey doesn’t see the Bengals making any moves before the trade deadline.
- Harvey adds that the only deal he could see them making is for a receiver in the event that A.J. Green suffers a setback regarding his toe injury.
- ESPN’s Adam Teicher doesn’t see the Chiefs trading away backup QB Chase Daniel for draft picks, unless they receive an overwhelming offer.
- Teicher rules out the idea of Kansas City trading for Bucs WR Vincent Jackson due to his salary, age and the draft compensation it would require to get him.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN does expect the Jaguars to be sellers leading up to Tuesday’s deadline.
- However, DiRocco admits that WR Cecil Shorts is likely their only trade candidate.
- There is a chance that the Jaguars will cut RB Toby Gerhart after the season, according to DiRocco.
According to Bill Williamson of ESPN, the “odds are against” Hue Jackson returning to the Raiders as their head coach next season.
Williamson writes that Jackson “burned some bridges on the way out and I just don’t think he’d be a top early candidate.”
- Williamson expects Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly to have “plenty of suitors” if he were to leave for the NFL and the Raiders could offer him a lot in terms of compensation.