“Bring ’em on,” Hills said, via Katherine Terrell of ESPN. “I sleep very well at night. I’ve got a great opportunity coming up ahead of me and that’s why I’ve been grinding hard this whole offseason. If they want to draft a back high, go ahead and do it. They’re probably going to be my backup.”
- Adam Teicher of ESPN writes that the Chiefs still have to figure out some roster issues before the start of the regular season.
- According to Teicher, the Chiefs need to improve their pass rush, determine who will be their featured running back, find .a backup quarterback, how to get Tyreek Hill more involved and determine who’s playing where at cornerback.
- In regards to the Chiefs’ pass rush, Teicher mentions that Dee Ford is a logical candidate to watch to see a larger role.
- Teicher believes Kansas City could use a “fast, versatile runner” to go along with Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West. They could give Hill more carries or look to veteran RB C.J. Spiller, but Teicher believes it would be wise for them to draft a running back.
- Teicher mentions that the Chiefs are “almost certain” to draft a quarterback to go along with Tyler Bray and Joel Stave.
- Michael Rothstein takes a look at some receiver prospects that could be good fits for the Lions including USC’s JuJu Smith-Schuster, Penn State’s Chris Godwin, Michigan’s Jehu Chesson, Northern Illinois’ Kenny Golladay, Virginia Tech’s Isaiah Ford and Tennessee’s Josh Malone.
The Titans addressed the safety position in free agency by signing Johnathan Cyprien, but it’s still possible them team could target another option at the position including LSU’s Jamal Adams or Ohio State’s Malik Hooker in round one of this year’s draft.
Cyprien mentioned that’s confident in terms of what he brings to the Titans’ secondary, even if they use a high draft pick on a safety.
“I was brought here for a reason,” Cyprien said during an appearance on 104.5 The Zone, via Paul Kuharsky of ESPN. “I am confident in myself and being able to do whatever I need to do in order to help our team. I’m sure things will work out how they should, as far as me being on the field. I think that’ll be the best situation, of course. I am sure everything will fall out as it should.”