- Sources tell Rand Getlin that it’s possible Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict plays some in this weekend’s game, but he will likely be a game-time decision the coaches make.
- Rand Getlin reports that the Cowboys are “optimistic” that WR Dez Bryant will play this weekend.
- According to Getlin’s source, Bryant “should be” good to go barring a setback on Friday.
“He’s getting healthier every practice,” Campbell said, via NFL.com. “The foot injury held him back in training camp, and now that we finally got him healthy, it’s all about catching up on his fundamentals. He’ll flash. And when he flashes, you know what’s to come but they are few and far between right now. He is improving every practice. When he’s ready to go, we’re going to cut him loose and let him go and you’ll see a lot of him. So if he’s not there, he’s not ready.”
- Parker left Thursday night’s game with a foot injury to the same left foot he had surgically repaired in June. However, Parker said the issue is “nothing serious.” (Armando Salguero)
- Armando Salguero reports RT Ja’Wuan James (toe) is expected to miss “multiple games.”
- Jason La Canfora wonders if the the Patriots will explore trades for offensive linemen after they continue to deal with offensive line injuries.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans signed backup quarterback T.J. Yates to a one-year deal worth $438,235.
- Yates would have made a total salary of $745,000, but this is adjusted for the remainder games.