Home Bengals NFL Notes: Bengals, Dolphins, Jaguars, Panthers, Ravens
- Katherine Terrell of ESPN writes that re-signing free agent CB Dre Kirkpatrick is something to Bengals should strongly consider following Adam Jones was recently arrested and could face a suspension if the NFL.
- Terrell also thinks Cincinnati would be wise to at least give NT Domata Peko a chance to compete for a spot during training camp, unless they’re already set on moving on and giving Andrew Billings more playing time.
- Terrell wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bengals move on from LB Karlos Dansby, DE Margus Hunt, DE Wallace Gilberry and CB Chykie Brown next year.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are likely to promote linebackers coach Matt Burke to defensive coordinator if DC Vance Joseph lands a head-coaching job in the coming days.
- Salguero says that the Dolphins haven’t made any promises to Burke about the job and they could still consider external candidates, but his sources have said that it’s Burke’s to lose.
- Albert Breer reports that the Jaguars are in the process of making some changes to their defensive staff, but it’s unclear to what extent at this point.
- Ryan O’Halloran says that one defensive coaching change to expect would be for the team to hire a new defensive line coach.
- David Newton writes that Alabama OT Cam Robinson could give the Panthers a long-term solution at left tackle to build around in next year’s draft.
- Although, Newton admits that the Panthers could consider other positions like defensive end, wide receiver and cornerback with Alabama DL Jonathan Allen, Alabama DE Tim Williams, Clemson WR Mike Williams, Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey and Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley being a few names worth considering.
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome singled out the need to get better in secondary, improve their offensive line and find complementary receivers as priorities for the team this offseason. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti told reporters on Tuesday “we need more out of Joe [Flacco].” (Jamison Hensley)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said of OC Marty Mornhinweg: “I really believe Marty Mornhinweg is a heck of a football coach.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Bisciotti said half-joking of WR Steve Smith: “I haven’t given up hope that Steve Smith isn’t coming back in September.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Newsome didn’t rule out drafting a quarterback or adding a veteran receiver.