Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Dolphins, Patriots, Redskins & Titans
NFL Notes: Bengals, Dolphins, Patriots, Redskins & Titans
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, some in league circles view the Bengals’ decision to give HC Marvin Lewis a one-year extension back in April as proof he’ll likely be back in Cincinnati next year, despite some talk that he could be on the hot seat.
- Florio, citing a league source, reports that it’s unlikely Lewis would resign from his current job, as it’s believed he would prefer to hang around long enough to allow his son, Marcus, enough time to secure a foothold in the coaching profession.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that the early indication is that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski‘s back injury isn’t serious.
- According to Florio, Gronkowski is not expected to miss any more time, despite leaving Sunday’s win over the Jets.
- Mike Florio of PFT reports that the Redskins haven’t decided what they’ll do in regards to impending free agent QB Kirk Cousins next year and they won’t make a decision until after the season.
- Florio says that there still too many variables right now for the team to finalize any plans regarding Cousins.
- Others have reported that Washington will likely use their franchise tag on him again in 2017 if they can’t get a long-term deal done.
- Interestingly enough, Florio says that it’s possible the Redskins could tag and trade Cousins but the largest obstacle would be the simple fact that whoever trades for him would have to sign him to a massive contract extension on top of parting with draft picks.
Tags Jason McCourty Jurrell Casey Kirk Cousins Mario Williams Marvin Lewis Rob Gronkowski