- Jim Owczarski of the Enquirer writes that the recent ruling in favor of QB A.J. McCarron means that the Bengals will allow him to sign elsewhere and they’ll collect a 2019 compensatory pick while looking for a replacement in free agency and the draft.
- While there has been some speculation about Andy Dalton‘s future with the Bengals, Owczarski writes that Cincinnati is not going to cut him and they instead believe he is right in his prime.
- The Bengals currently have Jeff Driskel as their backup quarterback. Interestingly enough, Owczarski reports that the Bengals actually asked Driskel to take some reps at receiver ahead of their season finale against the Ravens. However, Driskel wound up falling and breaking his left arm, but the good news is that he should be ready for the start of voluntary workouts in April.
- Les Bowen wonders if the Eagles could find a role for veteran WR Jeremy Maclin if the Ravens elect to release him this offseason, as some expect.
- Eagles DE Brandon Graham mentioned recently that he’s looking for a contract extension this offseason. (NFLTR)
- Eagles restructured G Stefen Wisniewski’s contract recently and gave him the $250,000 in incentives he missed out on last year. (NFLTR)
- According to the Boston Sports Journal, there’s a “reasonable chance” that veteran DE James Harrison returns to the Patriots for the 2018 season.
- A few weeks ago, Harrison told Mike Reiss of ESPN that he would like to play another year or two before calling it a career: “I maybe want to play a year at 40, maybe 41.” (NFLTR)