- Paul Dehner Jr of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that free agent TE Jermaine Gresham‘s chances of being back with the Bengals next year are “slim to none.”
- Dehner Jr. expects the Bengals to consider taking a tight end in mid-to-late rounds of this year’s draft.
Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News takes a look at some notable players who could be release candidates to watch in the coming weeks.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN suggests WR Michael Campanaro as the top candidate to assume kick and punt return duties, with RB Fitzgerald Toussaint, CB Asa Jackson and CB Lardarius Webb being alternative options.
- According to Hensley, ILB Daryl Smith is not viewed as a potential cap casualty.
- Hensley expects the Ravens to draft a running back and sign another one free agency if they cannot re-sign RB Justin Forsett.
- Hensley suggests that the Ravens will pursue wide receivers that are cap casualties instead of signing unrestricted free agents, so that their compensatory picks are not reduced.
- In a separate article, Hensley lists free agent running backs Frank Gore, C.J. Spiller, Ryan Mathews, and Mark Ingram as potential options for the Ravens.
- Despite meeting at the Combine, the Vikings and free agent DL Tom Johnson are still far apart in contract talks and looks like he could test the open market, according to Andrew Krammer.
- Krammer lists Dolphins DT Jared Odrick, Eagles DE/OLB Brandon Graham, Browns DE/OLB Jabaal Sheard and Titans DE/OLB Derrick Morgan as a few free agents the Vikings could consider this offseason.