NFL Notes: Bengals, Falcons, Lions
- The Falcons announced Saturday that CB Brian Poole has been downgraded to questionable (back) for Sunday’s game against the Vikings.
- Dave Birkett writes that he hasn’t heard anything that would indicate Lions HC Jim Caldwell is in jeopardy of losing his job and he wouldn’t expect the Lions to make any changes after the season.
- Caldwell signed an extension with the team earlier in the year, but the contract details have yet to leak out, so it’s hard to say what kind of security this deal offered him.
- Birkett believes Detroit needs to address the running back position at some point this offseason and it’s a good bet they’ll do so in this year’s draft. According to Birkett, some draft prospects worth keeping an eye on for the Lions include LSU’s Derrius Guice, USC’s Ronald Jones, Notre Dame’s Josh Adams, Stanford’s Bryce Love and Auburn’s Kerryon Johnson.
- The Detroit Lions officially ruled out CB Jamal Agnew (knee) and C Travis Swanson (knee) for Week 13’s game and have RB Ameer Abdullah (neck) and G T.J. Lang (foot) both listed as questionable.
Tags Ameer Abdullah Brian Poole Bryce Love Derrius Guice Jamal Agnew Jim Caldwell Josh Adams Kerryon Johnson Michael Johnson Nick Vigil Ronald Jones Shawn Williams T.J. Lang Travis Swanson Vinny Rey