- RB Toby Gerhart (foot) suffered a setback during Wednesday’s practice, which explains why he was downgraded from “full” to “DNP“
- HC Jim Caldwell told reporters that he’s already decided WR Calvin Johnson‘s status for Sunday, but did tell the media what that will be. (Paul Pasche)
- Paul Pasche expects Johnson to miss Sunday’s game against the Vikings.
- CB Brandon Browner has reportedly struggled to learn the Patriots defense, which is why he wasn’t activated from the exempt list last week. (Jeff Howe)
- However, HC Bill Belichick refuted the report during Friday’s press conference.
“I don’t think the learning part of it is any issue at all … hasn’t been since he’s been here,” Belichick said, via WEEI.com.
- RB Mark Ingram (hand) said Friday that he “should be back” for Week 7’s game against the Lions.
“I’m healing up nicely,” Ingram said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “Staying ready to pick up where I left off.”