- Harvey has just five receivers on the final 53-man roster, which means Brandon Tate, Jasper Collins, Cobi Hamilton, Colin Lockett and Alex Neutz could be on the outside looking in.
- Harvey doesn’t have S Taylor Mays projected to make the final cut as of now.
However, DiRocco mentions that undrafted free agent Stephen Morris is a candidate to end up on team’s practice squad.
- DiRocco believes five receivers — Mike Brown, Kerry Taylor, Tandon Doss, Allen Hurns, and Chad Bumphis — could be competing for two roster spots.
- LBs John Lotulelei and J.T. Thomas are candidates to be the fifth linebacker on the Jaguars’ roster, according to DiRocco.
Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston takes a shot at projecting the Patriots’ 53-man roster ahead of training camp.
- Reiss has the Patriots loading up on defensive line as he projects New England to keep 10.
- That means some veterans such as G Dan Connolly, LB Josh Hull, S Patrick Chung and former second-round pick S Tavon Wilson could on the chopping block.
According to Scott Brown of ESPN.com, veteran WR Darrius Heyward-Bey would most likely make the team if the Steelers keep six wide receivers. However, Brown projects their receiving corps to consist of just five players.
- Some other notable players who could be left off the roster, according to Brown include: TE David Paulson, TE Michael Palmer, LB Chris Carter, and DL Daniel McCullers.
This topic has come up numerous times during the offseason, but there appears to be plenty of competition at linebacker heading into training camp.
- Kuharsky adds that there is a “big fight” shaping up between defensive linemen Lavar Edwards and Karl Klug for the final roster spot.