NFL Notes: Bengals, Jets, Patriots, Redskins
- Jim Owczarski reports that the Bengals have a meeting scheduled with Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon for this weekend.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN does not believe free agent QB Jay Cutler is “right for the Jets,” especially considering their current state. Cimini does, however, admit that the Jets are desperate right now given that Tyrod Taylor, Mike Glennon and Brian Hoyer are no longer options.
- One option the Jets could consider, according to Cimini, is a trade for Broncos backup Trevor Siemian if Denver ends up signing Tony Romo.
- There are internet trade rumors circulating about a potential trade that would send Jets DE Sheldon Richardson to the Bengals for backup A.J. McCarron. Cimini says that the Jets are probably are interested in trading Sheldon Richardson and his $8 million salary and obviously need a quarterback right now.
- Cimini believes this idea is something the Jets have looked at and would likely consider it if they didn’t have to give up draft picks. The issues, however, is that the Bengals may have to include a draft pick to make it work.
- Ben Volin reports that the Patriots will forfeit their highest 2017 fourth-round pick as part of the DeflateGate punishment.
- According to Volin, the Patriots’ newly acquired fourth-round pick as part of the Brandin Cooks‘ trade will be the pick they forfeit as part of their punishment from the NFL.
- The Patriots now get back the No. 132 overall pick that had been set aside as their forfeited selection.
Tags A.J. McCarron Bennie Logan Brandin Cooks Brian Hoyer DeSean Jackson Jay Cutler Joe Mixon Mike Glennon Ricky Jean-Francois Sheldon Richardson Trevor Siemian Tyrod Taylor