Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Jets, Rams, Saints, & Texans
NFL Notes: Bengals, Jets, Rams, Saints, & Texans
- Coley Harvey can see the Bengals signing veteran OT Andrew Whitworth to a contract extension, even after they drafted two offensive tackles in rounds one and two of this year’s draft.
- According to Harvey, it sounds like the Bengals are “pretty committed to keeping him around.”
- Harvey can see rookie WR Mario Alford, CB Josh Shaw and DT Marcus Hardison all making the team, despite the increased level of competition.
- Harvey writes that A.J. McCarron has the best shot to win the Bengals’ backup job, but that doesn’t mean Terrelle Pryor can be discounted.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN believes the Rams moving to Los Angeles is “more probable than not,” and suggests that they could join the Chargers in L.A. as the two teams relocating to the second largest U.S. market.
- Wagoner expects the Rams to play first-round pick RB Todd Gurley “as soon as he’s ready from a health perspective.”
- Wagoner writes that the Rams focus on a power running scheme makes it hard to see how former first-round pick WR Tavon Austin will fit in their offense.
- According to Wagoner, A reunion between the Rams and veteran C Scott Wells hasn’t been entirely ruled out, but he still thinks the Rams would prefer one of Barrett Jones, Tim Barnes or Demetrius Rhaney to claim the starting job.
- Jamison Hensley believes Cal State-Sacramento WR/KR DeAndre Carter and Alabama S Nick Perry have the best opportunity of the undrafted free agents to make the Ravens’ 53-man roster this summer.
- According to Hensley, WR Marlon Brown‘s best opportunity at playing time this year could come in red-zone situations.
Tags A.J. McCarron Andrew Whitworth Barrett Jones Calvin Pryor Chris Owusu Damaris Johnson David Hawthorne DeAndre Carter Demetrius Rhaney Dexter McDougle Geno Smith Jace Amaro Jaelen Strong Jared Crick Jeoffrey Pagan Josh Shaw Keshawn Martin Marcus Hardison Mario Alford Marlon Brown Muhammad Wilkerson Nate Washington Nick Perry Robert Quinn Ryan Fitzpatrick Scott Wells Stephone Anthony Tavon Austin Terrelle Pryor Tim Barnes Todd Gurley