- Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer points out that the Bengals have picked up their fifth-year option on each of their previous four players including A.J. Green, Kevin Zeitler, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Tyler Eifert.
- However, it remains to be seen whether the Bengals will do the same with CB Darqueze Dennard this year.
- Some “sleeper” cornerback targets for the Bengals, according to Dehner Jr., are Houston’s Brandon Wilson and Michigan’s Jourdan Lewis.
- Dehner Jr. considers Washington CB Sidney Jones to be the best fit for Cincinnati.
- Even if the Bengals address the position in the draft, Dehner Jr. says it’s unlikely that they would take more than one cornerback with a raw athlete with speed, a prospect who drops like Jones, or a slot corner making the most sense for them.
- Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers’ coaches were “incensed” by the team’s decision to not re-sign veteran G T.J. Lang this offseason.
- According to McGinn, the Packers made Lang an offer of around $8 million per year three days before the start of free agency. Had Green Bay gave Lang that offer during last season, McGinn believes he would have accepted it.
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald writes that the Patriots trading backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo is a “long shot” that would require an “overwhelming offer.“
- Even if the Patriots were to receive what they consider to be an acceptable offer for Garoppolo, Guregian mentions that they would probably have to select another quarterback to be their No. 3 option behind Jacoby Brissett.
- Brissett filled in for Brady last year before suffering an injury and eventually ending up on injured reserve. Guregian mentions that it’s hard to say if Brissett could really step in for Tom Brady if needed and hold the fort.
- Guregian expects the Browns to make a last ditch to acquire Garoppolo from the Patriots and she could see the Texans attempting to do the same.