- Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer expects the Bengals to re-sign LT Andrew Whitworth.
- Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin mentioned that they’ll likely draft a running back this year. (Paul Dehner Jr.)
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the Raiders will likely wait to see if they can re-sign impending free agent RB Latavius Murray before deciding whether to pursue RB Adrian Peterson.
Although Ravens HC John Harbaugh said the team would like to re-sign QB Ryan Mallett, he acknowledged that other veteran free agents are available.
“We want Ryan back and there are other veteran guys out there,” Harbaugh said, per Jamison Hensley.
Harbaugh did, however, stress the importance of having a reliable backup.
“We need a quality backup quarterback,” Harbaugh said.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider would not rule out re-signing K Steven Hauschka despite recently signing K Blair Walsh to a contract. Schneider also mentioned that they will “definitely” sign another kicker to compete for the starting job. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Bob Condotta, Seahawks DE Cliff Avril recently underwent sports hernia surgery but is expected to be recovered in time for training camp.
- Schneider said that the cornerback position is now a higher priority on their draft board with CB DeShawn Shead (knee) being doubtful for the start of the regular season. (Sheil Kapadia)
- Brock Huard of ESPN believes Seattle is the best fit for free agent QB Johnny Manziel due to the team’s culture, head coach, depth at quarterback, scheme, and isolation.
Saints free agent DE Darryl Tapp said Wednesday that the wants to be back in New Orleans next year.
“Honestly, I had a great time last year,” Tapp said, via Josh Katzenstein of the Times-Picayune. “Just the atmosphere that coach (Sean) Payton created. The mix of players, the old heads then the young guys, and the young guys that got in, none of them felt entitled or privileged. They were in there to work.”
- Nick Underhill says he would not be surprised to see the Saints make signing a backup quarterback a priority for them this offseason.