Home Bengals NFL Notes: Bengals, Rams, Ravens, Steelers
- ESPN’s Coley Harvey writes that the Bengals’ 2016 cap situaton is a concern for the team when it comes to adding long-term deals, considering that the they have a number of players in position to be free agents next year.
- Harvey expects the Bengals to add some receiver depth in the draft.
- As for locking up WR A.J. Green, Harvey writes that it’s really a “matter of when” they sign him to an extension.
- Mike Preston reports that the Ravens had interest in Dolphins WR Mike Wallace before he was traded to Vikings on Friday.
- According to Preston, Baltimore thought Wallace could end up being a free agent.
- Scott Brown considers the idea of CB Keenan Lewis returning to Pittsburgh to be a “long shot, at best.“
- Brown can still see the Steelers drafting a running back at some point, even after the addition of DeAngelo Williams.
- Brown considers Alabama S Landon Collins to be a “logical long-term replacement” for Troy Polamalu.
- In regards to WR Markus Wheaton, Brown is getting the sense that the Steelers really liked the improvement he showed last year and could view him and Martavis Bryant as interchangeable pieces.
- Brown writes that it would make a lot of sense for the Steelers to consider signing veteran WR Nate Washington.