Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Broncos, Cardinals, & Saints
NFL Notes: Bills, Broncos, Cardinals, & Saints
- Tyler Dunne of the Buffalo News writes that the Bills could still re-sign WR Percy Harvin.
- According to Dunne, the Bills expecting to have some clarity regarding Harvin’s plans for the 2016 season at some point in the next two weeks.
- Dunne mentions that the Bills’ No. 3 receiver job is available for the taking, and the competition for the job will likely include Walter Powell, Jarrett Boykin, Leonard Hankerson, Greg Salas, Marquise Goodwin, Greg Little, Marcus Easley and Demin Lewis.
- It’s also possible that Buffalo could draft a receiver to compete for the position as well.
- Woody Paige of the Denver Post believes the Broncos should consider selecting Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott in the middle rounds of this year’s draft.
- In the event Saints QB Drew Brees ends up playing out the final year of his contract, Nick Underhill considers it “very doubtful” New Orleans would even consider using their franchise tag on him, considering that it would run them over $40 million in cap space.
- Underhill gets the impression that the Saints would be willing to allow Brees to play out the year under his current deal, rather than give in to his demands just to make a deal.
- Other options for the Saints in terms of creating some much needed cap space could include a restructured deal for S Jairus Byrd and an extension for C Max Unger.
Tags Dak Prescott Demin Lewis Drew Brees Greg Little Greg Salas Jairus Byrd Jarrett Boykin Leonard Hankerson Marcus Easley Marquise Goodwin Max Unger Percy Harvin Rashad Johnson Walter Powell