The Buffalo Bills announced Tuesday that they will not retain 14 coaches from the previous regime. The full list includes:
- Bobby April
- John Blake
- Aaron Kromer
- David Lee
- D’Anton Lynn
- Tim McDonald
- Pat Meyer
- Chris Palmer
- Ed Reed
- Eric Smith
- Kathryn Smith
- Dennis Thurman
- Jason Vrable
- Jeff Weeks
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Falcons president Rich McKay and Broncos VP John Elway were both “very supportive” of the 49ers hiring John Lynch as their new GM.
- According to Cole, McKay said that Lynch was one of the most opinionated and curious players about personnel he ever worked with and he believes Lynch’s work ethic and competitiveness will be able to aid him moving forward.
- Lynch also mentioned that Elway was a sounding board for him while he considered taking the position.
Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com writes that Falcons restricted free agent WR Taylor Gabriel could be a potential offseason target for the Eagles.
However, Gabriels said he isn’t thinking about what could happen during the offseason right now.
“That’s not really my focus right now. My focus right now is the Super Bowl and what we have going on right now to win this game,” Gabriel said. “When that time comes to look at it, I’ll look at. But this time right now, my focus is on the Super Bowl.”
A well-connected source tells Jason La Canfora that Sheldon Adelson’s decision to pull out of the stadium deal that would include the Raiders moving to Las Vegas is both a positive and a negative for owner Mark Davis.
“It’s a positive and a negative,” La Canfora’s source said. “It will cost Mark more money and he loses his local cheerleader — and a powerful one at that. It may be helpful with the NFL because of the long-standing prohibition on gambling connections by teams, but it may hurt in Las Vegas because Adelson was one of the driving forces behind the public funding and marketing commitments needed.”
However, the big impact for Davis could end up being the profitability of the project.
“What this really does is reduce the profitability for Mark,“La Canfora’s source continued, “and makes him have to perform more on the business side. And the relocation fee hasn’t really raised its ugly head yet. And it will.”
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Raiders’ plans to relocate to Las Vegas have hit a snag due to their unpopular lease proposal to the city.
- According to Cole, the lease proposal was seen as insulting to the city of Las Vegas, UNLV and casino mogul Sheldon Adelson.
- Even so, Cole mentions that the Raiders still believe they can continue on without Adelson’s support but there are others who aren’t happy with the situation including the governor.