Former Bills first-round pick Shaq Lawson explained that he’s doing everything he can to ensure he’s taking the care of his body possible to prevent another injury.
“I feel like last year was going by slow because I was hurt and trying to determine when I was getting back on the field,” said Lawson, via BuffaloBills.com. “I’m making sure every day I’m taking care of my body a lot more extra so I can continue to be on the field.”
As for the change to a 4-3 base defense, Lawson seems to like getting back to the system he’s comfortable with and having his hand in the dirt.
“I got my hand in the dirt all [of] the time, not pretty much playing in space, guarding receivers and things like that,” said Lawson. “The 3-4 there’s a lot to learn with it, the 4-3 it’s just simple you know? Put your hand in the dirt, go get after the quarterback and set the edge for the run game.”
Lawson added that he fully expects to live up to his first-round draft status.
“I’m going to live up to that,” said Lawson. “That’s what they want me to do. I’m going to give them a reason why they drafted me here as a first-round pick. It’s time to bring what I had back when I was in college.”
- Jeff Legwold of ESPN writes that fifth-round TE Jake Butt will “almost certainly will open training camp on the physically unable to perform list” as he continues to rehab from a torn ACL he suffered last year.
- According to Legwold, the Broncos do like the progress Butt has made up to this point and he projects to see “plenty of playing time” down the road.
- In fact, Broncos HC Vance Joseph said that Butt will likely play at some point during the regular season.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that after interviewing NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus on Friday, it’s clear there’s a chance his client, Panthers TE Greg Olsen, could hold out of training camp for a new contract.
- Although, Rosenhaus did say that no decision has been made regarding whether Olsen will show up for training camp as of now.
- It would cost Olsen $40,000 per day to hold out of camp.