- Bills first-round pick WR Sammy Watkins admitted that there is still work to be done in regards to his chemistry with QB E.J. Manuel.
“It’s not fully there. I mean, we’ve been connecting at minicamp, and OTAs,” Watkins said, via NFL.com. “But at the same time, I could be wide open, and if he don’t feel it, or if I run it a different type of way, he won’t throw the ball.“
“So it really just got to come with him believing in me. I believe in him. He can throw just about any ball. So it just comes down to … we just need a lot of reps.”
- Browns second-round pick OL Joel Bitonio suffered a high-ankle sprain at OTAs, but expects to be ready for the start of training camp. (Nate Ulrich)
Darren Urban of AzCardinals.com recently offered his take on who will be starting for the the Cardinals on defense. Here are some of the interesting notes.
- Urban has the Cardinals starting second-year LB Kevin Minter at inside linebacker along with veteran Larry Foote.
- However, Urban admits that Lorenzo Alexander could actually beat out Foote for the job.
- Urban believes Rashad Johnson is the “natural choice” to start at free safety with Tyrann Mathieu coming off of a knee injury.
- According to Urban, “the Cardinals are going to play their first-round pick [Deone Bucannon] if he shows anything in camp.”
- Cowboys G Ronald Leary is not facing a suspension stemming from a DWI and arrest in September of 2012. (Calvin Watkins)
- DE Olivier Vernon continues to impress the Dolphins’ coaching staff to the point where he could force former No. 3 overall Dion Jordan to remain on the bench for another season. (James Walker)
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press believes 2013 rookie free agent LaAdrian Waddle is the favorite to start at right tackle for the Lions over Corey Hilliard and Jason Fox.