- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports continues to hear that the end is near for Bills HC Rex Ryan.
“He is not an NFL quarterback,” the scout told La Canfora of RGIII. “He looks like a deer in the headlights and he takes so many unnecessary hits. The ball should be out of his hands way before they make contact with him and, man, does he take some crazy hits. I know he missed a lot of time, but this is what it looked like Week 1, too [before Griffin got hurt]. They aren’t running an NFL offense and he’s not an NFL quarterback. And Hue is going to say after the game that he looked the part? Who does he think he’s fooling? He looks the part of what? A CFL quarterback? Maybe?”
- Adam Schefter reports that Chargers RB Melvin Gordon (hip) is not expected to play in Sunday’s game against the Raiders, but there’s still a chance he will play again this season.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano said he expects QB Andrew Luck to start Sunday’s game but still admitted that it’s too soon to say for certain. Luck is dealing with a sore shoulder/elbow in his throwing arm. (Zak Keefer)
- Eagles G Brandon Brooks told reporters on Wednesday that the illness that has forced him to miss a few games is an anxiety issue that has caused him to get sick on game days. (Jeff McLane)
- Brooks said he took IVs on Sunday in an attempt to play, but “couldn’t stand up.” (Les Bowen)