- Vic Carruci of the Buffalo News writes that he still has a hard time believing Bills HC Rex Ryan is safe “no matter what.”
- Carruci adds that Ryan and his assistant coaches are “absolutely operating under the premise that they have to “get it right” this year.“
- In regards to undrafted FB Glenn Gronkowski and his chances of making the team, Carucci believes he’ll have to beat out veteran Jerome Felton for the job at fullback, rather than hope to secure a job as one of the team’s tight ends.
Browns veteran QB Josh McCown admitted during an interview with 850 WKNR in Cleveland that he doesn’t like not knowing what his role will be with the team, but he still believes it will help him get better as a quarterback.
“I’m a human being and there’s no doubt, you want things mapped out,” McCown said, via Pro Football Talk. “I don’t like it, but I think it helps me get better.
“My role is every day to come in here and get better and help the room,” McCown said. “However that breaks, if he says ‘Josh McCown is our starting quarterback,’ or if he says Robert Griffin or Cody or Austin or Connor, however that works, I’m going to help the room any way I can. That’s my mindset.”
- Nick Wagoner mentions that the Rams are particularly high on their undrafted receivers this year, and there’s at least a chance that one of Nelson Spruce, Marquez North, Paul McRoberts and Duke Williams makes the 53-man roster this summer.
- Wagoner adds that an important caveat to their chances of securing a roster spot will be their ability to contribute on special teams.
- Other undrafted free agents worth watching, according to Wagoner, include S Brian Randolph, DB Jabriel Washington and DB Mike Jordan.
- According to Wagoner, Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt can likely be penciled in as the Rams’ top-two receivers.
- Wagoner says that it’s possible rookie Pharoh Cooper could win the slot receiver job, but others figure to be in the mix for that position as well.