Bills owner Kim Pegula recently mentioned that they may have a tough time building an impressive new stadium like the one being erected in Atlanta.
“We’re not Atlanta, so it’s hard for us to say we’re going to build a stadium like Atlanta,” Pegula said.
Albert Breer wonders if the Bills would be better served considering a smaller stadium that holds around 40,000 and has just two decks. This was something that former Raiders executive Amy Trask explored years ago as a solution in Oakland.
There would be limited seating, but it would also cost less than and give them the ability to charge less in ticket sales.
Former Browns LB Karlos Dansby told Sirius XM NFL Radio that it was difficult to remain motivated under the team’s previous regime.
“The coaches and the front office, there was just a lot of mess going on, a lot of things going on, a lot of distractions,” Dansby said. “Because at a certain point, guys had just shut down.
“Guys shut down, the organization just wasn’t clicking. The coaches and the front office, there was just a lot of mess going on, a lot of things going on, a lot of distractions.”
- According to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, new Lions GM Bob Quinn has placed an emphasis on building up the team’s middle class since taking the job several months ago.
- Breer mentions that the Lions are now much deeper at a few positions including running back, safety and defensive tackle, which should make things interesting when it comes time to trim the roster down to 53 players.
- Quinn reportedly got the coaching staff much more involved in the scouting process, which nearly doubled their pre-draft travel from last year, according to a Lions staffer.
- Breer says that Quinn has also led a more detailed, targeted process that emphasizes scheme fit.
- According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, undrafted TE Cole Wick, really stood out during offseason workouts.
- Wick even saw some time with the first-team unit, largely because Detroit was without Brandon Pettigrew and Eric Ebron.
- Even so, Birkett mentions that Wick could at a minimum in line for a practice squad spot and possible even crack the team’s 53-man roster this September.