Former Bills OC Greg Roman tells Alex Marvez of The Sporting News that the reports of discord between him and HC Rex Ryan are not true.
“I have nothing but respect for coach Ryan and I thought we had a great working relationship,” Roman said Sunday. “We met and he informed me of his decision. I thought it was handled very professionally. We then discussed how we could best make this work for everybody moving forward.”
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Bills fired Roman shortly after they took their team photo for the 2016 season.
- According to Schefter, HC Rex Ryan told Roman that he had been relieved of his duties after players and coaches assembled for the picture.
- Schefter says that some thought the Bills’ changes could have been even more extensive.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe writes that it may not be all that crazy of an idea for the Browns to consider trading for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo now that they’ve lost Robert Griffin III for a large portion of the season.
- According to Volin, the Browns studied Garoppolo “intensely” leading up to the 2014 draft, and he had some big supporters inside the organization.
- Although, the Browns have changed things in their front office, so there’s some question as to whether they would still be as high on Garoppolo and willing to trade for him.
- While the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee voted unanimously to recommend $750 million in public funds for a Las Vegas stadium, Ben Volin mentions that there’s still a “long way to go” before the Raiders could relocate to Vegas.
- Volin points out that the hotel tax increase still needs to be approved by the governor and state legislature, and a move from Oakland to Las Vegas has to be approved by at least 24 of 32 NFL owners.
- Ian Rapoport reports that his sources originally believed that Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (high-ankle sprain) would miss multiple games with his ankle.
- However, Rapoport says that Wilson’s diligent rehab led him to barely miss a practice snap this week.