- The Bills announced that they’ve hired former Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey as a senior college scout.
- Buffalo also hired Brian Fisher as a Midwest scout, Doug Majeski as a West scout, Gerald Dixon as a pro scout and Curtis Rukavina as a pro scout.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the Buccaneers did not pursue free agent QB Colin Kaepernick before they agreed to sign veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year deal Friday.
- The Cardinals announced that they’ve officially signed fourth-round G Dorian Johnson to a four-year deal.
- Todd Archer asked around the league if free agent QB Colin Kaepernick could be a fit for the Cowboys, given that executive VP Stephen Jones didn’t rule out them adding a backup quarterback at some point.
- However, Archer was told that Kaepernick is “not a fit” with the Cowboys.
- While it’s possible the Cowboys could add another quarterback at some point, Archer believes Kellen Moore will be a “suitable” backup option for Dak Prescott should they stick with what they got.
Former Falcons defensive line coach Bryan Cox Sr. mentioned that the only reason he can think that he was fired by Atlanta is the Combine incident in which he shoved a Cardinals scout.
“You go from your unit playing really well in the Super Bowl and sacking the quarterback five times and having (nine) quarterback hits … and (three) days later you get fired,” Cox Sr. said, via the Charlotte Observer. “I wasn’t given an answer to why I was fired. I was left to go back and kind of play stuff over.
“And the only thing I can come up with is the combine incident that kind of led to it.”