- WR Marquise Goodwin is going through concussion protocol.
- HC Lovie Smith confirmed Thursday QB Josh McCown is out for Week 4.
- OC Marty Mornhinweg mentioned that he doesn’t believe now is the right time to consider benching QB Geno Smith for Michael Vick.
“We’re right in the middle of developing a young quarterback,” Mornhinweg said, per Seth Walder.
- OLB Clay Matthews (groin) told reporters that “[he’ll] be out there” against the Bears this weekend. (Jason Wilde)
- OLB Nick Perry and ILB Brad Jones were limited during Thursday’s practice. (Rob Demovsky)
- WR Jarrett Boykin (knee) and RT Bryan Bulaga put in a “full” practices on Thursday. (Rob Demovsky)
- HC Ken Whisenhunt mentioned that QB Jake Locker (wrist) “did a bit more” in Thursday’s practice and he’s hoping Locker has a chance to play this weekend. (John Glennon)
- TE Delanie Walker (shoulder) put in a limited practice on Thursday. (Terry McCormick)