- Sal Capaccio of WGR550 takes a look at four available free agents that would make sense for the Bills to pursue.
- Capaccio’s list includes DE Devin Taylor, DB Lardarius Webb, LB Gerald Hodges, and OT King Dunlap.
- We have all of these players featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
“I’ve seen Adrian Peterson many times playing and that guy is one of the best running backs to ever play,” Koetter said, via the Tampa Bay Tribune. “I’m anxious to talk to Jameis and ask him how his workouts went. That caught me off guard. I didn’t know that. I’ll be honest with you, first thing I thought when I saw that was Jamies is just an amazing guy. The guy is everywhere.”
- Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Cam Newton surgery to his throwing shoulder is scheduled for Thursday. The expectation is that this procedure will sideline Newton for about four months.
- In case you missed it, there have been trade rumors circulating about the possibility of the Ravens trading DL Timmy Jernigan. (NFLTR)
- However, Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that unless the Ravens are able to secure a day-2 pick in return for Jernigan, it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to trade him right now.
- Zrebiec points out that Jernigan’s play dropped off in the second half of the season and he recorded just one tackle over the final four games. According to Zrebiec, Jernigan wasn’t happy with his reduction of snaps, and it seemed to affect his play.
- Keeping Jernigan would help the team win now and net them a mid-round compensatory pick in 2019.
- Zrebeic considers the Ravens’ top draft needs to be: 1) Pass rusher, 2) Wide receiver, 3) Inside linebacker, 4) Right tackle and 5) Running back.
- Of the former Ravens who are currently free agents, Zrebiec considers WR Anquan Boldin and DB Corey Graham to be the two that make the most sense for Baltimore right now.