Al Michaels of NBC Sports mentioned during the Hall of Fame game broadcast that he spoke to Donald Trump and the billionaire told him that he made a $1 billion offer for the franchise.
“He said he offered $1 billion. All cash, no contingencies, immediate closing. He’d have the check in one hour,” Michaels said, via Pro Football Talk. “He was a little miffed that it went out for bid again.”
Previous reports mentioned that Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula actually made an offer above $1 billion, and the process is expected to head into the second round.
- Free agent acquisition CB Alterraun Verner has yet to practice this camp due to a hamstring injury. (Pat Yasinskas)
- DT Gerald McCoy and S Mark Barron both shined in the team’s goal-line drills on Sunday. (Pat Yasinskas)
- Rookie WR Robert Herron has struggle as a punt-returner. (Pat Yasinskas)
- LB Rolando McClain suffered a hamstring strain and did not participate in any drills afterwards. (Todd Archer)
- S Barry Church left practice with an ankle injury, but it’s not believed to be serious. (Todd Archer)
- Third-round pick S Dez Southward returned to practice Sunday, but was “very limited” in terms of his activity. (Vaughn McClure)
- The Giants announced that TE Daniel Fells suffered a knee sprain during Sunday night’s Hall of Fame game. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- The Packers announced Sunday night that former QB Brett Favre will be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame and will have his No. 4 retired this year.
- First-round pick DL Dominique Easley hasn’t been cleared from his ACL injury and didn’t travel with the team to Richmond for their joint practices with the Redskins. (Jeff Howe)